UPDATE on Girls joining Cub Scouts!Boy Scouts of America will allow girls to join Cub ScoutsbeginningSeptember 1st of 2018, however certain units have been selected as early implementers in a pilot. Township Cub Scouts, Pack 220 was accepted into the Pilot Program. As part of the Pilot Program, Pack 220 can begin accepting girls as members immediately. This announcement will go out Township wide on Friday, but we wanted to give you and update on the details now that we have them as well as an early chance to sign up before it is open to every one. The number of spots open to girls will be limited(CLICK HERE TO REGISTER).
To admit girls the following conditions must be met (There are more rules that are procedural, and will be explained once we have the bare minimum for a den as outlined below.)
1. Girls must be formed into separate Den's from the boys, they will still all be part of a single Pack (Please see our website or below for more details on how a Pack and the Dens are organized.)
2. Each Den will be for 1 grade year (Just like the Boy Dens)
3. Each Den must have at least 4 girls and a leader.
4. All girls must be registered by their parents/guardians electronically, paper registrations can not be accepted (CLICK HERE TO REGISTER).
5. The Pilot Program for girls is open to girls currently in Kindergarten through 3rd grade. (The Program will open up to girls currently in 4th and 5th grades in 2019)
WHAT IS A PACK?The monthly pack meeting brings together scouts from every den, their leaders, and their families, to participate in a large-scale event that serves as a showcase for everything the scouts have learned and done in their individual den meetings. The pack meeting gives the scouts a larger experience beyond their own den, and helps them to connect their individual activities to the entire Cub Scouting program. WHAT IS A DEN?A den is a group of four to ten scouts and their families, within the pack, that meets several times a month between pack meetings. The scouts in a den are usually all at the same grade level. The den structure allows boys to build relationships with leaders and other boys. The den provides opportunities for activities that would be difficult with a large group, including games, sports, team work activities, advancement, and other adventures including games, sports, . The den also provides leadership opportunities for the boys.